Cowry is a digital wallet for making transport payments in Lagos. After downloading the Cowry app on your app store, signing up and adding money to the wallet, you can pay for trips on public buses, trains and ferries across Lagos by tapping your phone or the optional Cowry card on payment terminals.
How can I use Cowry?
You just need to download the Cowry app on your app store and sign up, then you can add money to your Cowry wallet on the Kuda app.
How do I top up my Cowry wallet on the Kuda app?
To top up your Cowry wallet on the Kuda app, follow the steps below:
1. Sign in to your Kuda app, then tap Pay.
2. Tap Pay A Bill.
3. Tap Transport & Toll.
4. Tap the service provider dropdown menu.
5. Tap LASG Cowry Card.
6. Tap the top-up package dropdown menu.
7. Choose a top-up package.
8. Type in the phone number linked to your Cowry wallet, then tap Next.
9. Complete the top-up with your transaction PIN, fingerprint or Face ID.
10. Tap Okay to return to your Kuda dashboard.
What transport fare can I pay with Cowry?
BRT bus fares
Danfo bus fares
Blue Line and Red Line train fare.
Can I check my Cowry transaction history on the Kuda app?
No, you can’t. You’ll need to sign in to your Cowry app to check your Cowry transaction history.
Can I make Cowry payments with the Kuda app?
No, you can’t. You need the Cowry app or the optional Cowry card to make Cowry payments.
The money app for Africans.
Save, spend, send and invest money across borders.